This months meeting was held Monday, July 1, 2019, at the Pines Country Club Grill in Morgantown. First Officer John Hawkins led the meeting. There were fourteen people in attendance, consisting of members of the #485 and #542 chapter.
We discussed making a list of all of the non-member donations to the National Rally, so we can get our Thank you letters out. Each chapter is responsible for sending out their own letters. So far the 485 has:
- Silver Scissors Salon
- Pines Country Club
- Clubhouse Grill at The Pines
- Rozy’s Peppers
- Triple S Harley Davidson
If you can think of any others, please let one of the officers know.
The “Ladies Ride” previously scheduled for July 20th and the “Guys Ride” scheduled for August 4th, have been consolidated into one date of July 21st. We will meet and go our separate ways (guys one way, girls another) and then meet after the ride to eat at Big John’s Family Fixin’s. Meeting time to be announced at a later time on our Facebook group as well as on our 485 calendar.
Multi Chapter Picnic
The multi-chapter picnic that was originally scheduled for August 17th has been rescheduled for August 24th. Brian Fike has graciously offered to have the gathering at his home in Arthurdale. If you wish to make a donation towards the meat, please contact Michael Williams or Melissa Williams of chapter 542. There will be some chairs available, but if you have them, bring them. If you have a canopy, you can also bring those. Every member coming should bring a covered dish. There wasn’t any mention of a food sign-up sheet. The picnic will kick off at 5PM.
It was suggested and agreed that our monthly meeting will be held at the Kingwood Volunteer Fire Department on August 11th. Times to be announced. For those interested in eating the Firemans Breakfast it is an all you can eat breakfast buffet. Adults $9 and children$6. According to their menu, the following will be available:
- Buckwheat cakes
- French toast
- Orange juice
- Fruit juice
- Hot chocolate
It was mentioned that several of our members will be going to the Sabraton Station on July 27th to see 3 Nuts & A Woody.
Keyser Chapter Friends
There was mention of inviting our Keyser Chapter friends down with a possible destination of Rinky Dinks Road House, in Amity, PA
There was mention, but no solid plans, for The Patriots Ride on September 7th.
There was a brief discussion about a possible helmet drive on September 29th. No solid plans have been made.
If no times are mentioned, they will be announced closer to the time of the ride on our Facebook group as well as on our 485 calendar. The calendar will have the appropriate links to more information about the ride destination, including GPS coordinates and an “add to calendar” for those who have a smartphone
- July 13th – Quecreek Mine, Somerset, PA (#485)
- July 14th – DuBois Diner, DuBois, PA to meet up with our Canadian members. It takes approximately 3 hours to get there. Meeting place was not discussed, however, it has been determined the ride will leave at 9AM, as the meet-up time with the Canadian members is at 1PM. (#542)
- July 21st – Consolidated Guys/Girls Ride
- August 3rd – Megan’s Angel Ride (#542)
- August 10th – Colemans Fish Market (#485)
- August 11th – Kingwood Volunteer Firemans Breakfast (#542)
- August 17th – Battered Women’s Ride w/ Keyser Chapter
- August 31st – Tradesmens Inn, Scenery Hill, PA
- July 25 – 28, 2019, Martinsville, IN – Indiana State Rally
- August 2nd – 4th – Virginia State Rally
- August 16-18, 2019, Wilkesboro NC – North Carolina State Rally
- August 22 – 25th, 2019 – Tennessee State Rally
Have a story to tell? Want to tell us about your newest piece of equipment? Or maybe share some knowledge? Submit your article here.