This month’s meeting was held Saturday, March 25, 2023, at the Parkette Family Restaurant, located at 2022 E Pike St, Clarksburg, WV. First Officer John Hawkins led the meeting. There were fifteen people in attendance.
The Ride schedule for May was read, and one ride was changed; see below under new business. The Pittsburgh strip day outing was added to our rides for April 29th.
A gift was offered of either a pig roaster or a mountain bike to be given as chapter 485’s WV State Rally donation. It was discussed, and those in attendance accepted the pig roaster.
The May 13th Deep Creek ride has been changed to a benefit ride for “Riding For The Big Apple,” as suggested by a member. For more information on this event, please visit their Facebook events page: https://www.facebook.com/events/707635554329882/?ref=newsfeed
The group presented the OHagans with a gift of love to help with travel expenses while they care for their daughter with terminal cancer.
Exact meet-up locations and times will be sent out via Facebook and email as they become available.
- April 29: Pittsburgh strip, shopping, and eating.
- May 7: State Parks Ride
- May 13: Riding For The Big Apple benefit ride
- May 21: Coal Country, Mountaineer Put-Put Golf, Fairmont WV
- May 27/28: This is Memorial Day weekend, lots of traffic.. left open for suggestions.
- July 8: The Promise Ride @ Mountaineer Military Museum 345 Center Ave Weston, WV 26452
Previously Suggested Rides
- Seven Springs Rib Cook-off. The information for this event has been posted online: Jul 14 – Jul 16. Cost:$10 per person. Ages 5 & under are free with an adult. You can visit this page for more information: Seven Springs Event Page
- Thunder in the Valley, Thursday, June 22, 2023 (All day) to Sunday, June 25, 2023 (All day).
- Washington, DC. (WWII memorial, Smithsonian, Museums.etc.)
- New River Gorge with a possible boat ride.
- The Palace of Gold. Rose previously mentioned the best time for that would be the beginning of June due to the flowers blooming.
- Train ride. Prices and information can be found here: https://wvstateparks.com/things-to-do/scenic-train-rides/
- Triple Nickle ride, which will probably be an overnight event.
Our next meeting will be held during our Pittsburgh strip outing on April 29th.